At Chat ‘N’ Chill® and A Wedding Breeze, we have always been committed to providing our customers and crew with the utmost care, whether it is in our bar, retail stores, online or at events. You, our customers and crew, are our most valued assets. During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, that is presently affecting every corner of the world, it is essential that we keep all clients informed with valid and accurate information. Below are some essential facts regarding the COVID-19 virus and The Bahamas.
The Bahamas confirmed its first COVID-19 case Sunday March 15, 2020
Given the growing public health concern and to protect the health and well-being of the population of The Bahamas, effective Thursday, March 19th, the following travel restrictions will be introduced:
- Foreign nationals and foreign individuals who have traveled within the last 20 days from the United Kingdom, Ireland and Europe, will be prohibited entry into The Bahamas. This is in addition to restrictions already in place for China, Iran, Italy and South Korea. This restricted travel list of countries will be continuously monitored and updated as necessary.
- All Bahamian nationals and residents returning to The Bahamas through any point of entry from any of the restricted countries or an area where community infection and spread is present will be quarantined or be placed under self-isolation upon arrival and are expected to follow the protocols of the Ministry of Health. Bahamian nationals or residents returning to The Bahamas who have been abroad and believe that they may have been exposed to COVID-19 are asked to contact the Ministry of Health’s hotline or their local health provider.
- Non-essential travel by Bahamian nationals and residents to other countries is highly discouraged.
It is imperative that you ascertain all relevant information regarding travel to The Bahamas from a trusted and reliable source. We will be updating you with valid and confirmed information as it becomes available. We encourage you to follow safety guidelines and best health practices during this unusual time. We remain open as long as the safety of our guests and staff is paramount and will advise of any changes to our operating hours should the situation arise.
As details continue to evolve, we want to share additional safety measures we have put in place to protect the health and safety of our customers, crew at Chat ‘N’ Chill® and A Wedding Breeze, and our Exuma community.
- We are supplying hand sanitizer
- We are conducting regular and frequent disinfecting of high-touch areas
- We are reinforcing illness prevention procedures with our crew members as recommended by the medical community, including frequent hand washing, avoiding contact with your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- We are monitoring new developments so that we can quickly adapt and continue to provide the best possible experience at Chat ‘N’ Chill® and online.
- We are instructing our team members who are exhibiting symptoms of illness to stay home or seek care from a medical provider when necessary.
Our Chillologist™ and A Wedding Breeze Crew takes great pride in the role we play in the lives of our customers and guests. Rest assured that as circumstances continue to develop, one thing will remain constant: we will make our decisions with the health and well-being of our customers, guests, crew members and community as our highest priority.
We are in the midst of spring break season and we know our loyal customers will be wearing their Chat ‘N’ Chill® gear a lot right now, and for that, we are appreciative and hope everyone will be able to practice safe social distancing while getting some much needed Vitamin D.
At this time there are no fulfillment changes for our Online Store purchases at http://chatnchill.shop, and you can continue to shop there from the comfort of your home 24 hours a day.
Until we have the privilege of welcoming you again, thank you for being a loyal customer and be safe.
Kenneth & Kwanza Bowe
Owners & Your Host Chillologists™